The client asked Infomineo to assess the market opportunity of agricultural fencing in the 5 key African countries after identifying them, with a view on the current situation and the drivers of evolution in the industry.
- Presenting a macroeconomic overview of the country by collecting a wide range of macroeconomic indicators.
- Highlight the key climatic conditions that influence cattle rearing and fenced farming in the country.
- Identifying the main macroeconomic drivers that promote a real transition from subsistence agriculture to commercial agriculture.
- Identification of the main use of fences in the country and the potential of the target market of structured farming.
Secondary research and primary research targeting:
- Reports and websites of government agriculture ministries and relevant institutions.
- Local press search.
- Fence suppliers websites.
- General web search, yellow pages.
- Calls to large structured farmers, fence suppliers, contacts from agricultural institutions and associations.
- Expert interviews.
- Insights about agricultural regions and climatic conditions, key government development programs, investments in the agri-sector.
- Insights collected from primary search conducted with market players, institutions and industry experts helped triangulate the data between the various sources and probe the data collected via desk search.
- Insights about the fencing industry market drivers and prospected evolution of structured farming.
- Insights about the metrics of structured farming, the uses and practices of fencing, and the existence of local supply.